Vacation Bible School In Tejarcillos, Los Guido, and La Carpio

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

All_With_Confidence!!!

[Reading what has been done…doing what has been read]

“At the Day of Judgment, we shall not be asked what we have read, but what we have done”
~Thomas A Kempis~

I never truly understood what it meant to SERVE until I not merely read the Word of God, but saw the Word of God in action through the youth of the New Life Church of Los Guido here in Costa Rica and in turn acted on the Word of God myself. During my time here in Costa Rica, I’m confident that the Lord will expand my faith and confidence in the Gospel through the process of using me to illustrate His Kingdom and exemplify His character through moving me into these areas where he eagerly awaits.

The words of James best explain this when he says, “You see that his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did…You see that a person is justified by what he does and not by faith alone” (2:22, 24).

That is after reading what has been done through Christ’s sacrifice and reading of how a jealous creator desperately wants to have a personal relationship with us…what is our reaction…what will we do with what we have read. My prayer is that my abilities and deeds go far beyond just one opportunity and overflow into a lifestyle of being a “Doer” and not merely a reader or listener.

While the enticements, pitfalls, and lures of everyday life are constantly presenting themselves minute after minute; we are called to demonstrate a patient attitude, illustrate His Kingdom through faith, and exemplify Christ’s character through action. And we are to do this ALL with confidence!

I would ask and encourage you to join me over the next few months as I share my experiences. I will be posting pictures, weekly blogs, and prayer requests. I would also encourage you to respond to the blogs by either commenting or asking questions.

Be confident of this, that he who began a good work in [YOU, ME, US] will carry it on to completion...” Philippians 1:6.

“I know them, and they follow me…they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand.” John 10:27-28

For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither present nor future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus or Lord. Romans 8:38

“We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed 2 Corinthians 4:8

6 comments:

  1. friend!!! i am so excited to be part of your journey by praying for you OFTEN!! I am excited to hear about all of the things God is going to do through you and in you over the next few months!!! I can't wait to hear about all that God is doing in La Iglesia Nueva Vida, the leadership team, and all of the new kids and families you will meet this summer! I am looking forward to hear about all you learn and also to be encouraged and challenged by your words friend! i am so proud of you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yo Conway-

    Do you plan to make trips into La Carpio on a regular basis? I know there are a handful of people like Rosa of the Los Guido church who go out there every week to meet with their new friends in the discipleship groups...will you be attending on these trips?

    And do you know what's up with the potential new church property/site there (the one that we prayed over with last year's team)?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Conway,

    Awesome post, bro. I am praying for you constantly. Keep up the good work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Lanaya. I'm looking forward to partnering with the teams that visit this summer. I can only anticipate what the Lord will do in and through me during my time in Costa Rica. I'm also looking forward to the nine days of VBS...three days in each area starting on Monday. There will definitely be some good pictures to post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is correct Mike. Every week on Wednesdays we pick up the Los Guido team and head to La Carpio. This last week I partnered with Armando. It was awesome going to the houses of those who he discipled. He was excited to share with me the book and lesson each of them were in. It was quite funny actually...before we got out of the van he turned around and said he wanted me to go with him. So, yes I will be going with them every week to La Carpio for discipleship groups.

    The land we prayed over as a team is still there and serves as a potential piece of land for a church building. The funds for one building and one home have been provided by the Lord through private donors, however the permits and assurance of the most ideal property both influence this process. I will keep you posted if I hear any updates...that would be awesome to return in December and hear of plans to build like we did some years ago with La Finca. Thanks for following the blog MIke.

    We have nine days of VBS starting on Monday, so there will be many great pictures and lots to share.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Josh. I'm looking forward to the upcoming VBS events.

    ReplyDelete